Shankh | Benefits of Shankha | Types of Shankh | Natural ConchThe word Shankh/ Shankha comes from the two Sanskrit words i.e. Shum which means something good and Kham means water. Therefore, Shankam is a conch/ conch shell which holds the sacred water. Shankh also known as conch shell holds immense importance in Hindu religion. According to Hindu mythology, the Shankh is a sacred emblem of the Hindu preserver Lord Vishnu. Basically Shankh is blown during the puja ceremonies. As per Hindu scriptures, Shankh is highly revered as the bestower of prosperity, fame & longevity. Conch/ Shankha is the abode of goddess Lakshmi i.e. the Goddess of wealth & the consort of Lord Vishnu.
Benefits of Blowing Shankh/ Shankha- The sound emitted while blowing the Shankh is OM and the frequency of the divine energy is spread in the atmosphere and make the atmosphere pure.
- The Blowing sound of Shankha enhances positive psychological vibrations.
- Blowing Shankh regularly treats children who stammer & their speech is corrected in due course of time.
- Blowing Conch Shell also helps to remove the blockages in the heart and improves the respiratory system.
- Fill water in a Shankh overnight and next day massage your skin with this water. It will help in curing many skin diseases i.e. rashes, allergies etc.
- If the above process is repeated for a month it can cure white spots on the skin.
- The powder of conch shell/ Shankh is used in Ayurveda Medicines to treat menopause & stomach ailments.